Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interesting Day

Today is an interesting day: Let's begin with me fighting my memory to memorize a scene and a monologue for acting two, which 1st performance was due in 2 hours.Then the baby decided if I don't eat soon I'll start vomiting, so I go and make toast, because it hasn't made me throw up so far...there's a first for everything. So now I'm light headed and wanting to throw up even more, but oh wait I have to go to class because we have rough performances and I can't miss another day of makeup without getting the boot. And I need this class to graduate, which I'm praying will happen with good grades and being preggo at the same time.
So I finally stuff myself into my car hoping I don't have to pull over to "paint the side walk". Mossy on into the theatre to find out that Rich was going to make today a practice day, which was good for my scenes, but I could have been at home hoping to not throw up than at school. And by the way, throwing up in a public bathroom is not fun, in case anyone was wondering. And so for the good portion of class I sat there memorizing and wishing I wasn't there.
Next was Makeup, the final facial hair project. To make a beard for theatre, the quick way, you use fake hair and latex. Stinky latex! The smells of various makeup products made me dizzy, but thankfully no vomiting occurred while wearing facial hair, which I can only imagine the mess...ICK! But to brighten up my day, I finally was able to tackle those blasted beard, mustache, and eyebrows! Doug said he really liked it and that I reminded him of one of his old buddies. I was able to leave class with latex peals on my face and an "A"!
Just when I think my day is looking up, with me texting my parents about the good times they're having in Moab, not having a head ache, and thinking my stomach isn't feeling as queasy; I stop at another red light and look down at my phone and hear this big bang and feeling the seat belt press against my chest. A lady hit my back bumper, which thankfully didn't even scratch. The lady made sure I was ok, and we both looked for any damage. As soon as I said, "I don't see anything wrong." She said something, but I don't remember, and headed right for her car and so I headed for mine. I know I probably should have asked for information, but all I could think of was,' just get home, I don't even care anymore. I just want this day to end.'
So now I'm sitting in bed thinking I'm an idiot, but who cares anyway. So how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment