Thursday, August 18, 2011

Not My Will, But Thine Be Done Oh Lord

It is always a scary thing when God tells us what he would have us do and it isn't what we had planned. Jon and I went to the temple yesterday and both received an exciting, yet terrifying revelation.
I don't know how many times I have prayed since leaving the temple. I don't know how many times Jon and I have prayed together since then. All I know is that God has confirmed it to my heart every single time that this is what he would have us do.
I hate not being in control, but now we have fully put our lives into his hands.
I pray that I will be confident that God is confident that we can do this. I pray that my family will support God's decision and our decision to follow him.
I am grateful for the temple sealer who followed the spirit to point out the difference between the covenants we had made in the temple when we got married and the covenants made for the dead. If it weren't for him, we never would have felt to pray about this.
I love this gospel and that our Heavenly Father gives us this chance to put our full trust in him.
Father give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment