Sunday, June 7, 2009

And God said let the women cry and it was good


Today I had stake conference, and just to let you know they don't go by mormon standard time here in Wyoming, I was there promptly at nine O'clock, which is the time it started. The building was packed, but extremely organized; YSA sat up front, married couples after them, parents with older kids next, then younger in the back. Well by the time I got there all the seats were taken in the front and middle sections, so I got to sit in the back with the young chill'un. I listened as best I could, watching parents drag their screaming children outside, me getting bumped into from behind, and other wonderful children distractions. This reminded me so much of my home ward that I started getting home sick!

Our theme was from what I put together, Temple work and Missionary work. We got the privaledge to hear from President Gordon B. Hinckley's son Elder Hinckley of the seventy, who gave a wonderful talk on Temple Marrages and how his father married all his children and grandchildren. Elder Hinckley reminded me so much of his dad that I started getting teary eye, but I quickly put that to a stop :) After he concluded the meeting, we sang my favorite hymn "God Be with You Till We Meet Again" so you can imagine after all of that my emotions were a wreck!

Once I got home I started crying hysterically with confusion, loneliness, and what ever else I was feeling. I dropped to my knees and started talking to my Heavenly Father. I told him that I was confused with what he wanted me to do with my future, where he wanted me to go to school after Casper, what occupation I should have, and to give me comfort as I am missing home very badly. I then turned to my Patriarchal Blessing and started to feel comfort. After that I randomly chose a church magazine out of my pile and it was the New Era from last November, I turned to the Mormonad and it said, "Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice" I dug through my pile and found the Conference Magazine and found President Monson's talk "Be of Good Cheer" I read it and remembered when I listened to it for the first time and I started bawling! How could he possibly know that someday I needed this talk. No God knew I needed it. Then I turned to the May New Era and read "A Letter From My Father" it talks about how our Patriarchal Blessing is a letter from our Father in Heaven and other things, which is so good!

I now know for sure what I am going to do next year and with the rest of my life! God knows what I need to do and I just have to follow his guidance! I hope I never forget this experience, because it has increased my testimony of prayer, prophecy, patriarchal blessings, fasting, and modern day scriptures!

No comments:

Post a Comment