Thursday, June 25, 2009

Missing Shakespeare


So I was just reading an article in the New York Times about the up coming production, of 'Twelfth Night,' in Shakespeare in the park. I realized how much I've been missing performing Shakespeare! I finshed my dream role as Regan in 'King Lear' this last March and loved it. When it ended I was so sad, though some what relieved that I didn't have to have such evil thoughts in my head every night, and people didn't have to be afriad of me when I looked at them. After all Regan helped tear apart a country and a family.
*Sigh* my dream is to be apart of a Shakespeare Company and share his great liturature with all sorts of audiences. Performing in the outdoors, speaking a beautiful language, creating life in a character that has existed for hundreds of years! Geez I'm a nerd, but ha ha ha how cool would that be! I can picture going around the country with my family, Dad as Capulet, Mom as Lady Capulet, Kevin as Mercutio, and Kyle as Benvolio or Tybolt... maybe not Tybolt, but... and this might sound big headed, but I would love to be Juliet, I've fallen in love with this character ever since I competed with Romeo and Juliet Act 3 Scene 5.
Or perhaps Tempest or- well all of them!
...I think I've delayed doing my homework long enough. Day dreaming is not helping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment