Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Othello


As I said in my last post, Jon and I went to UVU's Othello.
Here is my review:
I actually didn't think it was too bad! It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad. I really think they shouldn't use mics. I think that was my biggest issue. It's not a huge space, and if the actors know how to do their job, they should know how to fill that space.
Both Jon and I didn't like the girl who played Desdemona, she was honest in her head, but not physically.
I was disappointed with the guy who played Othello. It was really hard to understand him when he was being emotional or going into his spasms. UVU hired him as a professional. Physically, he was great, but was really careful around Des when he was supposed to show affection.
I LOVED Iago!!! He made the character real! He wasn't afraid to take risks and just made the show!
The death scene was blocked really weird. I couldn't see Des after Emelia died. I wanted to see her body, I liked how they had her back to us.
The costumes were amazing!!! Beautifully made, the colors didn't bash with each other, but they weren't boring either. They matched with the ages of each character and helped establish that.
The set was really cool. I just didn't know what those metal statue things were supposed to be.
The lighting on the top level was really cool, but on the grass it was just too hard to see, when I wanted to see what all was going on.
There were a lot of good moments, both Jon and I found monologues that we would like to use for future auditions
There were just some parts that wasn't working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment